Monday, February 21, 2011

Memorizing Passwords

I had very few problems with passwords in my previous company because I only had to remember at most 5 passwords...
  • Password for my desktop - which was simply my employee ID.
  • Password to access my personal library in Natural - which I had to change every month.
  • Password for my 2 work emails. They told us that they were going to scrap our old emails since it was a freeware and apparently the new company that gobbled up our company had more moolah to spend on new emails. However, until NOW, I can still access it despite their announcement of scrapping it 500 million years ago.
  • Password for accessing and availing our benefits.
Kaso ngayon.... homaysheeeetsss!! uber adik mga tao dito for password!!!! Eto mga kelangan ko tandaan:
  • Password for my desktop which I have to change every month
  • Password to access our client's website in order to access our remote desktop - ok fine, this is system generated.... but the first few digits are not!
  • Password for my remote desktop which I'm also required to change every month
  • Password to access my personal library in Natural in my remote desktop which, AGAIN, I'm also required to change every month
  • Password to access our company's website which we're also required to change every few months and we have to access the site in order to access and read some company documents... these are mandatory readings by the way.
  • Password to access the website of the new company that "invaded" the original company that hired me in order to access our timesheets. - again.. system generated but the password necessary to generate the system generated password is not! (NALULA KA KUNG ANONG PASSWORD NA NGA BA YUNG TINUTUKOY KO NO!?)
  • Password to access our timesheets in the website of the new company (mentioned in bullet above).
Despite the number of passwords I mentioned above... sa tingin ko may nakalimutan pa rin ako...

Kaya naman... my new favorite set of people to email nowadays is, of course, the service desk! Hahahahah! Taena...

Sir/Ma'am... Can you please reset my password?

All the while hoping that they don't redirect me to the helpdesk in India... kasi taena... mukhang uber-tangang user na naman ang labas ko pag nagkataon... kasi ako nga ang may problema... pero ako naman ang tanong ng tanong kung ano yung tinatanong nila hahahaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment